Sign in to follow this  
Solchan

Initial D.

I really liked the Initial D series. The movies are good the quality is defiantly way better. But just feels they are leaving a lot out of them. Does anyone else feel the same. I know cutting series to make movies cut a lot out. It's just more of the torture and wanting to see them all with the higher quality that the new movies are. Regardless I'm still in waits for the other movies. 

Inital D is one of my all time favorites. The first season was accurate for both the animation and the description. Unfortunately after that they started showing actual physics, but describing it wrong. I assume that was to prevent people from imitating the anime. I noticed the same thing with Gran Turismo. The first Ps1 game came with a very good racing instruction manual. Later games either gave vague or wrong instruction.

I'm an old real world racer btw. I never raced against anybody, but there are alot of mountain roads here, both paved and dirt. I love all conditions on all terrains except night, heavy rain, and heavy snow.

Yeah If any kind of show tells you actually how to do something. Someone is gonna try. Then parents, friends and family will try to hold the show accountable. but then that can still happen even when giving false info. The blame could easily be they said thats how to do it. he/she tried and died because it wasn't. Luckily it is less likely one will try something done on a anime then something live action. I'd like to try some of the drift on this anime. I like to go drifting to. but I'd never try any of thoughs. where I drift there is no chance of falling off a mountain maybe hitting a light pole or a curb in some places. but my courses are pretty wide.  Yes still dangerous. but the danger level is pretty low. but cost for this fun is still pretty pricey. And no I don't race drift. I've raced drag, straight line you have little less worry of the other slamming into you. But Initial D has defiantly been one of my fav animes. 

On 9/10/2018 at 11:34 AM, Solchan said:

Yeah If any kind of show tells you actually how to do something. Someone is gonna try. Then parents, friends and family will try to hold the show accountable. but then that can still happen even when giving false info. The blame could easily be they said thats how to do it. he/she tried and died because it wasn't. Luckily it is less likely one will try something done on a anime then something live action. I'd like to try some of the drift on this anime. I like to go drifting to. but I'd never try any of thoughs. where I drift there is no chance of falling off a mountain maybe hitting a light pole or a curb in some places. but my courses are pretty wide.  Yes still dangerous. but the danger level is pretty low. but cost for this fun is still pretty pricey. And no I don't race drift. I've raced drag, straight line you have little less worry of the other slamming into you. But Initial D has defiantly been one of my fav animes. 

Sorry for the extremely late response. I never got an email, so I never looked again.

True. Everybody has an excuse, and people want to 'do something' so it never happens again. In reality, Initial D or GTA, or drawings of lolis isn't what made the person do what did. They were going to do that anyway. But there's no talking sense to a crowd who wants something done about it.

As far as drifting goes, that's mainly a winter thing. If it's raining I might have a little fun. Parking-lots with islands are #1, but in the winter time I'll drift at every safe opportunity. Straight-up twisted-ass narrow mountain roads? Fuck that. I'm a grip racer by nature. If you accidentally drift (or need to drift to save your ass) while attacking a corner, go with it, but that isn't the fastest way to fly. In my opinion, drifting is only for fun. ...But Initial D is fun to watch ;)

On 11/4/2018 at 9:51 PM, WanderingSmoke said:

Sorry for the extremely late response. I never got an email, so I never looked again.

True. Everybody has an excuse, and people want to 'do something' so it never happens again. In reality, Initial D or GTA, or drawings of lolis isn't what made the person do what did. They were going to do that anyway. But there's no talking sense to a crowd who wants something done about it.

As far as drifting goes, that's mainly a winter thing. If it's raining I might have a little fun. Parking-lots with islands are #1, but in the winter time I'll drift at every safe opportunity. Straight-up twisted-ass narrow mountain roads? Fuck that. I'm a grip racer by nature. If you accidentally drift (or need to drift to save your ass) while attacking a corner, go with it, but that isn't the fastest way to fly. In my opinion, drifting is only for fun. ...But Initial D is fun to watch ;)

Yeah drifting is fun. I go out with my Sister and here BF to drift sometimes.  but we mainly just play around in a large abandoned parking lot. It actually used to be an FBI building.  but the parking lot is huge. and has some islands and a few light pools to drift around. but we only do single cars at a time. we don't race. just more of a time battle and whose drift looked the coolest. lol.. just for fun. but still gets costly. So we try not to do it to much. Its more of a damn tonight is boring, lets go drift. lol.. 

but yes in most part when I race it is grip racing. I've done a few rally type. but drag and rolling start is mostly what I do. rally would be closest to drifting.. but Im actually trying not to drift. So not really.. lol but it is fun to drift around a corner every now and then. lol